When operating a laptop, one sometimes faces problems. One of those problems is to connect the laptop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. But, why laptop cannot connect to mobile hotspot?
Nowadays almost everyone uses the internet to do the work. And a laptop is used as a device to connect with the internet. You can use WiFi or mobile hotspot so you can access the internet through the laptop. However, it is not rare that some problems arise when trying to connect the internet.
Why You Cannot Connect Laptop To Mobile Hotspot
Can’t connect to the mobile hotspot is a common problem that you’ll face when connecting your laptop to the mobile hotspot. There are several reasons why a laptop cannot connect to a mobile hotspot. The specific drivers in the laptop are outdated or corrupted can be one of the reasons why laptop cannot connect to mobile hotspot.
The other reasons that make your laptop unable to connect to the mobile hotspot probably due to the conflict with the hardware or the system. Also, you can’t connect the laptop to the mobile hotspot if the laptop doesn’t support 5 GHz networks.
How To Solve The Problems
As you know there are several reasons why you can’t connect the laptop to the mobile laptops. It may be confusing but those problems aren’t unsolved. You can connect it again if you try one of these methods.
1. Internet Connection Troubleshooter
When you find your laptop unable to connect to the mobile hotspot, the first thing you can do is to run the internet connection troubleshooter. With this, you can determine the cause of the connection failure. Sometimes you can also fix the problems directly. To run the internet connection troubleshooter, here what you have to do:
- First, click start then setting and choose the update and security menu.
- Look at the left side of the screen and click the troubleshoot menu.
- To run the troubleshooter, you can click on the internet connection.
After running the internet connection troubleshooter, you will know what the cause of connection failure and sometimes you can also fix the problems.
2. Update the Driver
One of the reasons why you can’t connect the laptop to the mobile hotspot is an outdated driver. So, by update the driver, you should be able to connect it again. If you want to update the driver, here what you have to do:
- First, open the device manager by type it on the search bar.
- After that, click on the network adapter menu. You will see several lists and what you should do is to select your adapter network.
- Right-click on it and select update driver.
- After the driver is finished to update, reboot your laptop and then see if it fixes the problem.
3. Switch the WiFi Bands
The difference in WiFi frequency can make your laptop unable to connect to the mobile hotspot. So, to solve this problem, you should change the frequency from 5GHz to 2.4 GHz that the laptop support. Here are how to do it:
- Try to open setting first and then choose the Network&Internet menu.
- After that, click Mobile Hotspot.
- There, you will see several options and if you want to change the frequency, choose the edit menu located under Share my internet connection from.
- Choose 2.4 GHz as the new frequency then save it.
- To see if it fixes the problem, try to reconnect it.
Generally, why laptop cannot connect to mobile hotspot is not a very hard problem. As long as you can find the cause, there is a high possibility that you can fix the problem.